4 days to explore Salento through its wineries
A self drive holiday to enjoy Salento's art and coast and taste its food & wine specialties
From €480 per person
Suggested program | Booking conditions | Reservation form | Itinerary
- Arrival at your hotel in Bari.
Train to Lecce.
- Discover Lecce, called the Florence of the South and capital of Lecce's Baroque: buildings with very fine decorations of a unique beauty and elegance are present all over the historical city centre either in the churches and monuments or on balconies and terraces of private residences; also visit the paper-mache artisans shops and try the local food.
- Explore Gallipoli through the alleys, courtyards and the baroque architecture of the old town stretching to the sea. Drive along the Ionian coast from Gallipoli to Porto Cesareo and reach Leverano for a visit and wine tasting in the local winery.
- Walk through the beautiful old town of Otranto where the castle dominates the city and craft shops are open until late at night. In the heart of the old town stands the St. Peter Basilica, the most important example of Byzantine art in Apulia and Otranto Cathedral which is the synthesis of different styles, from early Christian to Byzantine and finally the Romanesque, all perfectly mixed together. Enjoy a drink in one of the restaurants facing the sea.
- Learn about Salento wine in two local and renowned wineries near Lecce: a day dedicated to food & wine that you could complete by adding a cookery class.
The quote refers to the following periods: January to April and September to December.
For different dates, we will send the total price according to your request in the form.
Travel insurance is not included and, should you not have one already, Discovery Puglia Limited highly recommends you buy yours through the link Travel Insurance.
- 4 nights Bed & Breakfast (based on 2 sharing)
- 3 Cellar tours followed by tastings
Quote does not include
- Single supplement.
- Flight and transfers.