A great blend of relax, culture and tasty food
A gourmet tour to enjoy a range of typical products and full- bodied wines, while visiting some of central and southern Puglia’s cultural sights.
From €779 per person
Suggested program | Booking conditions | Reservation form | Itinerary
- Arrival at your accommodation and overnight stay.
- Explore Alberobello with its famous trulli, stone conical houses which are part of the UNESCO heritage, and then visit a local winery with its natural cellar and a food & wine tasting.
- Enjoy Ostuni, called “White City” for its whitewashed houses on top of a hill. You can walk through its old town and enjoy views over the valley and the coast from its panoramic terraces.
Experience a gourmet lunch in a traditional masseria near Ostuni and taste their organic and "0-km" products.
- Don't miss a stroll in Locorotondo, a labyrinth of white alleys, among the most beautiful villages of Italy, and in Martina Franca, a Baroque town in the heart of Itria Valley.
- Discover Lecce, called the Florence of the South and capital of Lecce's Baroque: buildings with very fine decorations of a unique beauty and elegance are present all over the historical city centre either in the churches and monuments or on balconies and terraces of private residences. For lunch enjoy a wine tasting in front of the sea and in the afternoon go shopping in Lecce and walk through the paper-mache artisans shops.
- Walk through the beautiful old town of Otranto where the castle dominates the city and craft shops are open until late at night. In the heart of the old town stands the St. Peter Basilica, the most important example of Byzantine art in Apulia and Otranto Cathedral which is the synthesis of different styles, from early Christian to Byzantine and finally the Romanesque, all perfectly mixed together. Enjoy a drink in one of the restaurants facing the sea.
- Explore Gallipoli through the alleys, courtyards and the baroque architecture of the old town stretching to the sea. Drive along the Ionian coast from Gallipoli to Porto Cesareo and reach Leverano for a visit and wine tasting in the local winery.
The quote refers to the following periods: January to July and September to December.
For different dates, we will send the total price according to your request in the form.
Travel insurance is not included and, should you not have one already, Discovery Puglia Limited highly recommends you buy yours through the link Travel Insurance.
- 4 nights Bed & Breakfast (based on 2 sharing) in the Itria Valley
- 3 nights Bed & Breakfast (based on 2 sharing) in Lecce
- 4 Cellar tours followed by tastings
- 1 Gourmet lunch in a traditional masseria
- Car hire (Fiat Panda or similar - upgrade available)
Quote does not include
- Single supplement.
- Flight and transfers.