5 days to explore Salento through its wineries
A self drive holiday to enjoy Salento's art and coast and taste its food & wine specialties.
From €450 per person
Suggested program | Booking conditions | Reservation form | Itinerary
Discover Lecce, called the Florence of the South and capital of Lecce's Baroque: buildings with very fine decorations of a unique beauty and elegance are present all over the old town either in the churches and monuments or on balconies and terraces of private residences; also visit the paper-mache artisans shops and try the local food.
- Explore Gallipoli through the alleys, courtyards and the baroque architecture of the old town stretching to the sea. Drive along the Ionian coast from Gallipoli to Porto Cesareo and reach Leverano for a visit and wine tasting in the local winery.
- Walk through the beautiful old town of Otranto where the castle dominates the city and craft shops are open until late at night. In the heart of the old town stands the St. Peter Basilica, the most important example of Byzantine art in Apulia and Otranto Cathedral which is the synthesis of different styles, from early Christian to Byzantine and finally the Romanesque, all perfectly mixed together. Enjoy a drink in one of the restaurants facing the sea.
- Learn about Salento wine in two local and renowned wineries with a wine museum as well: a day dedicated to food & wine a few minutes driving from Lecce.
- Visit Nardò, Baroque city close to Porto Selvaggio natural reserve and enjoy a walk in Galatina with its Mother Church, palaces and hidden Baroque corners, before returning to Lecce.
The quote refers to the following periods: January to June and September to December.
For different dates, we will quote the total price according to your request in the form.
Travel insurance is not included and, should you not have one already, Discovery Puglia Limited highly recommends you buy yours through the link Travel Insurance.
- 5 nights Bed & Breakfast (based on 2 sharing) in a historic palace in Lecce
- 1 wine museum tour with wine tasting
- 2 cellar tours with food & wine tasting
Quote does not include
- Single supplement.
- Flight and transfers.